- To encourage student participation in the Lake Braddock Secondary School PTSA
- To provide leadership opportunities for students
- To serve the school and community
Students who participate as Student Representatives will receive a certificate and
commendation letter to add to their college admission or work reference files. No elections or
appointments are required – just interested student who want to be heard and make a
difference in our school.
To earn a certificate, you must:
- Complete Student Representative Application and be notified of selection
- Be a PTSA member (you can join at lbssptsa.org/join)
- Attend at least four PTSA General Membership Meetings, PTSA Board Meetings or PTSA sponsored events throughout the school year.
- Meetings are general held in the Lecture Hall or Library at 7:00 PM (if a meeting continues past 8:00 PM, students may feel free to leave at any time).
- Complete at least five PTSA‐approved service hours and submit a Record of Service Form by April 30.
- Volunteer Opportunities include:
- Bruin Blast
- Back‐to School Nights – September
- Restaurant Nights
- Mulch Sale
- Other PTSA events
- Selected Students will be notified via phone/email no later than 11/15
- Membership requirement may be waived at the request of a school counselor or social worker